The mission of the Villanova Athletics Leadership Institute is to educate and train student-athletes to become effective leaders on-the -field, in the classroom and for lifelong success after graduation.
The Villanova Athletics Leadership Institute is a privileged opportunity for only student-athletes on campus; there is an application process and only student-athletes in good academic standing will be admitted. The Leadership Institute is currently only available to sophomore, junior, senior and fifth-year student-athletes.
The Villanova Athletics Leadership Institute meets once-a-month for interactive leadership building sessions.
Through engaging and real life stories, projects and presentations, student-athletes will learn how to maximize their potential and strengths to lead themselves and others.
Areas of Impact:
- Working to utilize the potential leader in every student-athlete
- Transforming our student-athletes to be skilled leaders on and off the field
- Increase camaraderie & harmony on every team
- Solidify student-athlete leadership as extension of coaching leadership
- Capitalize on the potential for increased leadership to increase team success on and off the field of play
OUR LEADERS WILL:
- lead through inspiration
- be spiritual in their leadership practices
- hold the highest regard for ethical decision making
- be positive change agents: through action and word
- challenge their peers to make an impact
For more information about the Leadership Institute, please contact: Allison Venella, email@example.com.