April 27, 2013
- Villanova won its 32nd women's championship at the Penn Relays and its 10th title in the 4x800 meter relay. On the first day of this year's Penn Relays the Wildcats won their 12th distance medley relay title.
- This is the seventh time that Villanova has won the distance medley relay and the 4x800 meter relay in the same year at the Penn Relays. The Wildcats won both relays every year from 1988-91 and also accomplished the feat in 1995 and 1997.
- Of the 32 championships that Villanova has won at the Penn Relays, a total of 22 have come in the distance medley relay and the 4x800 meter relay.
- Junior Emily Lipari anchored both of the Wildcats winning relays this week. She is only the third Villanova woman to anchor a winning distance medley relay and a winning 4x800 meter relay in the same year at the Penn Relays. The other two women to achieve the feat are Kathy Franey (1990) and Krestena Sullivan (1997).
- Villanova set a new collegiate and Penn Relays record with a winning time of 8:17.45 in the relay.
- Emily Lipari was named the Women's Athlete of the Meet for the Relay Events. This is the fifth time a Villanova runner has won the award and Lipari joins past winners Krestena Sullivan (1997), Carole Zajac (1992), Kathy Franey (1990) and Vicki Huber (1989, 1987).