April 6, 2013
STORRS, Conn. - Villanova (5-10) tallied one win each in singles and doubles play in a 6-1 loss to Connecticut (5-9) at the UConn Tennis Courts on Saturday afternoon. Freshman Tori Smyth (Stamford, Conn.) accounted for the Wildcats only point with a win at No. 2 singles. The tandem of sophomore Sydney West (Washington, D.C.) and freshman Allison Kuse (Marietta, Ga.) won their No. 2 doubles match.
Smyth took on Maxene Weinberg at the No. 2 singles spot and won in straight sets by identical scores of 6-4 and 6-4. West and Kuse went to a tiebreaker at the No. 2 doubles slot before closing out an 8-7 (5) win over Weinberg and Srna Stosljevic.
CONNECTICUT 6, VILLANOVA 1
April 6, 2013
UConn Tennis Courts
1. Abby McKeon/Lucy Nutting (Connecticut) defeated Mikelle Mancini/Tori Smyth (Villanova), 8-4
2. Sydney West/Allison Kuse (Villanova) defeated Maxene Weinberg/Srna Stosljevic (Connecticut), 8-7 (5)
3. Jennifer Learmonth/Marie Gargiulo (Connecticut) defeated Kate Pettee/Wesleigh Donadio (Villanova), 8-0
1. Srna Stosljevic (Connecticut) defeated Mikelle Mancini (Villanova) 6-2, 6-2
2. Tori Smyth (Villanova) defeated Maxene Weinberg (Connecticut) 6-4, 6-4
3. Lucy Nutting (Connecticut) defeated Sydney West (Villanova) 6-3, 6-2
4. Abby McKeon (Connecticut) defeated Allison Kuse (Villanova) 6-3, 6-3
5. Natalie Robson (Connecticut) defeated Kate Pettee (Villanova) 6-1, 6-1
6. Jennifer Learmonth (Connecticut) defeated Anne Cognetti (Villanova) 6-4, 6-3