April 6, 2014
VILLANOVA, Pa. - In its third game over the weekend, the Villanova women's tennis team (3-11) dropped its fifth consecutive match as Connecticut (7-11) knocked off the Wildcats, 7-0, Sunday afternoon at the Villanova Tennis Complex on West Campus.
Villanova falls to 3-11 on the year, while the Huskies move to 7-11 overall. Connecticut jumped out to an early advantage after a clean sweep of the doubles point.
The Huskies defeated the Wildcats during all six singles matches.
The Wildcats will travel into the city to take on local rival Saint Joseph's Thursday at 3 p.m.
Below is a look at the complete results of Sunday's contest:
Connecticut 7, Villanova 0 - April 6, 2014 - Villanova Tennis Complex - Villanova, Pa.
Doubles (UConn clinches doubles point)
1. Stosljevic & Nutting (C) def. Mikelle Mancini/Tori Smyth (VU), 8-2
2. Weinberg & Alderman (C) def. Kate Pettee/Linley Busby (VU), 8-3
3. Learmonth & Gargiulo (C) def. Connor Brewer/Anne Cognetti (VU), 8-3
1. Stosljevic (C) def. Mikelle Mancini (VU), 6-2, 6-1
2. Alderman (C) def. Linley Busby (VU), 6-0, 6-0
3. Weinberg (C) def. Connor Brewer (VU), 6-0, 6-1
4. Nutting (C) def. Kate Pettee (VU), 7-5, 6-0
5. Learmonth (C) def. Hayley Sanzone (VU), 6-2, 6-1
6. Flanagan (C) def. Anne Cognetti (VU), 6-0, 6-0