April 5, 2013
SOUTH ORANGE, N.J. - Senior Wesleigh Donadio (Winter Park, Fla.) and sophomore Kate Pettee (New Canaan, Conn.) won their match at No. 3 doubles but Villanova (5-9) was blanked by Seton Hall (5-10) at the Seton Hall Tennis Courts on Friday afternoon. The match began a busy weekend for the Wildcats, who will also travel to Connecticut and host St. Francis (Pa.) before the weekend is over.
Donadio and Pettee were 8-6 winners in their doubles match to secure the only victory of the day for Villanova, which lost five of the singles matches in straight sets. Freshman Allison Kuse (Marietta, Ga.) stretched Madison Shoemaker to a tiebreaker in the No. 4 singles match before ultimately falling 6-2, 4 stretched Madison Shoemaker to a tiebreaker in the No. 4 singles match before ultimately falling 6-2, 4-6, 10-5.
The match at Connecticut on Saturday begins at 11:30 a.m.
SETON HALL 7, VILLANOVA 0
April 5, 2013
South Orange, N.J.
Seton Hall Tennis Courts
1. Rocio Portela/Chloe Sher (Seton Hall) defeated Mikelle Mancini/Tori Smyth (Villanova), 8-6
2. Julia Keenan/Madison Shoemaker (Seton Hall) defeated Allison Kuse/Sydney West (Villanova), 9-8 (1)
3. Wesleigh Donadio/Kate Pettee (Villanova) defeated Anna Guryanova/Alex Landert (Seton Hall), 8-6
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2
1. Chloe Sher (Seton Hall) defeated Mikelle Mancini (Villanova) 7-6 (7), 6-3
2. Rocio Portela (Seton Hall) defeated Tori Smyth (Villanova) 6-3, 6-0
3. Julia Keenan (Seton Hall) defeated Sydney West (Villanova) 6-2, 6-4
4. Madison Shoemaker (Seton Hall) defeated Allison Kuse (Villanova) 6-2, 4-6, 10-5
5. Karina Cordero (Seton Hall) defeated Kate Pettee (Villanova) 6-3, 6-2
6. Maria Rodriguez (Seton Hall) defeated Anne Cognetti (Villanova) 6-2, 6-3
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 6, 5, 4, 1