April 4, 2014
VILLANOVA, Pa. - The Villanova women's tennis team falls to 3-9 on the season as Division II No. 12 California (Pa.) (6-2) defeats the Wildcats, 5-0, Friday afternoon at the Villanova Tennis Campus on West Campus.
The regionally ranked top team began the match with a quick advantage after claiming the doubles point with 8-2, 8-4 victories at the No. 2 and 3 slots, respectively.
The Vulcans knocked off Villanova during all singles matches but the No. 1 and 2 flights, which didn't finish, claiming the shutout victory.
The Wildcats look to even their BIG EAST record tomorrow against Providence at 11 a.m.
Below is a look at the complete results of Friday's contest:
California (Pa.) 5, Villanova 0 - April 4, 2014 - Villanova Tennis Complex - Villanova, Pa.
Doubles (California (Pa.) takes doubles point)
1. Sepkova/Rey (CA) vs. Mikelle Mancini/Tori Smyth (VU), DNF
2. Czekon/Sarinana (CA) def. Connor Brewer/Linley Busby (VU), 8-2
3. Mikulis/Shaw (CA) def. Kate Pettee/Samantha Schafer (VU), 8-4
1. Sipkova (CA) vs. Mikelle Mancini (VU), DNF
2. Czakon (CA) def. Samantha Schafer (VU), DNF
3. Rey (CA) def. Linley Busby (VU), 6-3, 6-2
4. Shaw (CA) def. Connor Brewer (VU), 6-2, 6-0
5. Mikulis (CA) def. Kate Pettee (VU), 6-2, 6-1
6. Sarinana (CA) def. Hayley Sanzone (VU), 6-3, 6-1