Smyth Wins at No. 2 Singles in Loss To NJIT
March 24, 2013
VILLANOVA, Pa. -
Freshman Tori Smyth (Stamford, Conn.) scored the lone team point for Villanova (3-6) with a win at No. 2 singles against NJIT (10-6) at the West Campus Tennis Courts on Sunday afternoon. Smyth also teamed up with junior Mikelle Mancini (Salt Lake City, Utah) to win at No. 1 doubles, but the Highlanders won the other two doubles matches to take a 1-0 lead in the match.
Each of the singles matches were decided in straight sets and Smyth scored a victory for the Wildcats with a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Monika Graff at the No. 2 spot.
Villanova returns to action on Tuesday afternoon for a home match against Fairfield.
NJIT 6, VILLANOVA 1
March 24, 2013
West Campus Tennis Courts
1. Mikelle Mancini/Tori Smyth (Villanova) defeated Jana Luste/Natalia Melibeu (NJIT), 8-5
2. Ksenia Kuzmenko/Hannelore MacDonald (NJIT) defeated Sydney West/Allison Kuse (Villanova), 8-3
3. Monika Graff/Martina Tripcovici (NJIT) defeated Wesleigh Donadio/Kate Pettee (Villanova), 8-2
1. Ksenia Kuzmenko (NJIT) defeated Mikelle Mancini (Villanova) 6-0, 6-0
2. Tori Smyth (Villanova) defeated Monika Graff (NJIT) 6-4, 6-2
3. Martina Tripcovici (NJIT) defeated Sydney West (Villanova) 6-3, 6-1
4. Jane Luste (NJIT) defeated Allison Kuse (Villanova) 6-3, 6-4
5. Natalia Melibeu (NJIT) defeated Wesleigh Donadio (Villanova) 6-2, 6-3
6. Carolina Zanotta (NJIT) defeated Anne Cognetti (Villanova) 6-0, 6-2