WILMINGTON, Del. -
The Villanova women’s tennis team (0-12) dropped a 6-1 match to Delaware (6-4) on Sunday afternoon at the DuPont Country Club.
In the doubles competition, Delaware finished their first two sets to clinch the doubles point. Lindsey Evans and Kaylan Rotman won their doubles match in the No. 1 slot with a 6-1 win, but it wasn’t enough for the Wildcats to earn a point.
Lindsey Evans and Kaylan Rotman competed in the No. 1 and No. 2 slots as they did on Friday, but both dropped their matches. Victoria Martinez battled at the No. 3 slot with a three-match set, but lost 5-7, 6-2, 10-4. Freshman Carina Burdick competed at the No. 4 singles slot and won an impressive 5-7, 7-6 (4-0), 11-9 match to put Villanova up on the board. In the No. 6 slot, Alexandra Krogius also fought through a three-set match, despite her 6-4, 6-7 (0-4), 10-5 loss.
The Wildcats look to bounce back this Wednesday, March 22 against Lehigh with a 3:00 p.m. match start.
- Brooke Pilkington (DELAWARE) def. Lindsey Evans (NOVA) 6-3, 6-1
- Sara Komer (DELAWARE) def. Kaylan Rotman (NOVA) 6-2, 6-1
- Annie Jaskulski (DELAWARE) def. Victoria Martinez (NOVA) 5-7, 6-2, 10-4
- Carina Burdick (NOVA) def. Sarah Hall (DELAWARE) 5-7, 7-6 (4-0), 11-9
- Amanda Studnicki (DELAWARE) def. Paulina Bajet (NOVA) 6-1, 6-3
- Draga Sabotic (DELAWARE) def. Alexandra Krogius (NOVA) 6-4, 6-7 (0-4), 10-5
- Lindsey Evans/Kaylan Rotman (NOVA) def. Sarah Hall/Sara Komer (DELAWARE) 6-4
- Brooke Pilkington/Arielle Shuren (DELAWARE) def. Victoria Martinez/Linley Busby (NOVA) 6-3 3. Draga Sabotic/Amanda Studnicki (DELAWARE) def. Paulina Bajet/Sydney King (NOVA) 6-1
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (1,2,3,5,4,6)