March 5, 2013
ORANGE, Calif. - Three different players were victorious in both their singles and doubles matches as Villanova (2-4) won its second straight match with a 7-2 win over Chapman (1-3) at the Chapman Tennis Courts on Tuesday afternoon. Just as they did one day earlier the Wildcats swept the doubles matches and won four singles matches to claim the team victory.
Junior Mikelle Manicni (Salt Lake City, Utah) was a winner in both the top doubles and the top singles matches. She teamed up with freshman Tori Smyth (Stamford, Conn.) for an 8-1 win in doubles play, while also knocking off Andrea Hammer from the Panthers by set scores of 6-3 and 6-2.
The other two Villanova players who won both their matches were senior Wesleigh Donadio (Winter Park, Fla.) and freshman Allison Kuse (Marietta, Ga.). Donadio defeated Anna Nelson in a No. 4 singles match (6-4, 6-1) and also teamed up with sophomore Kate Pettee (New Canaan, Conn.) for an 8-5 win over Arielle Kubetschek and Kelley Klebenow at No. 3 doubles.
Kuse and sophomore Sydney West (Washington, D.C.) were victorious by an 8-6 margin at No. 2 doubles, while Kuse also won her No. 2 singles match in straight sets (6-3 and 6-2) over Sophia Duong.
Villanova is off until it opens its home schedule on March 12 with a match against Bryant.
VILLANOVA 7, CHAPMAN 2
March 5, 2013
1. Mikelle Mancini/Tori Smith (Villanova) defeated Andrea Hammer/Sophia Duong (Chapman), 8-1
2. Sydney West/Allison Kuse (Villanova) defeated Genna Ford/Madison Mathis (Chapman), 8-6
3. Wesleigh Donadio/Kate Pettee (Villanova) defeated Arielle Kubetschek/Kelley Klebenow (Chapman), 8-5
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2
1. Mikelle Mancini (Villanova) defeated Andrea Hammer (Chapman) 6-3, 6-2
2. Allison Kuse (Villanova) defeated Sophia Duong (Chapman) 6-3, 6-2
3. Amanda Nelson (Villanova) defeated Arielle Kubetschek (Chapman) 6-1, 6-1
4. Wesleigh Donadio (Villanova) defeated Anna Nelson (Chapman) 6-4, 6-1
5. Genna Ford (Chapman) defeated Kate Pettee (Villanova) 7-5, 7-5
6. Kelley Klebenow (Chapman) defeated Anne Cognetti (Villanova) 6-1, 6-2
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2, 4, 6, 5