RIVERSIDE, Calif.— Villanova Women’s Tennis continued to compete in Calfianora this week as they traveled to UC Riverside on Monday afternoon. The Wildcats won the match, 6-1.
In the No. 1 spot, Lexi DeNucci captured the first win for the Wildcats as she defeated UC Riverside’s Karla Dualy, 2-6,6-1, 6-3. At the No. 2 spot, Claudia Althans took her opponent to three sets but was unable to came up with the victory. Linsdey Evans competed in the No. 3 spot as she picked up a win, 4-6,6-4, and 7-5. Victoria Martinez defeated UC Riverside’s Chloe Pham in the No. 4 spot for the Wildcats. Clinching the singles point for Villanova in No. 5 spot was Carina Burdick who won her match, 5-7,6-2, 6-1. Alexandra Krogius also won her match in the No. 6 spot.
DeNucci and doubles partner Kaylan Rotman picked up the first win for the Wildcats in No. 2 spot after defeating their opponents 6-2. Althans and Paulina Bajet clinched the doubles point for Villanova as the Wildcats topped UC Riversdie with a final score, 6-1.
Villanova is back in action Mar. 6 when they travel to Costa Mesa to take on Concordia (Calif.).
Villanova 6, UC Riverside 1
- Lexi DeNucci (NOVA) def. Karla Dulay (UCR) 2-6, 6-1, 6-3
- Tia Elpusan (UCR) def. Claudia Althans (NOVA) 4-6, 6-1, 6-3
- Lindsey Evans (NOVA) def. Sara Khattab (UCR) 4-6, 6-4, 7-5
- Victoria Martinez (NOVA) def. Chloe Pham (UCR) 6-3, 5-7, 10-8
- Carina Burdick (NOVA) def. Lauren Wolfe (UCR) 5-7, 6-2, 6-1
- Alexandra Krogius (NOVA) def. Tracy Van (UCR) 7-5, 5-7, 6-4
- Tia Elpusan/Sara Khattab (UCR) def. Lindsey Evans/Victoria Martinez (NOVA) 6-3
- Lexi DeNucci/Kaylan Rotman (NOVA) def. Tamilla Vaksman/Lauren Wolfe (UCR) 6-2
- Claudia Althans/Paulina Bajet (NOVA) def. Karla Dulay/Tracy Van (UCR) 7-6 (7-3)
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (2,1,3,5,4,6)