Feb. 23, 2013
SOUTH PARK, Pa. - Facing the team that is ranked No. 8 in the nation in Division II, and No. 1 in the region, Villanova (0-2) was shut out by California (Pa.) (3-2) by an 8-0 final at the Glen Creek Tennis Club on Friday afternoon. Each of the four singles matches played to completion ended in straight sets.
The Wildcats will be back in action on Saturday afternoon for a 4 p.m. start against Pittsburgh.
CALIFORNIA (Pa.) 8, VILLANOVA 0
February 22, 2013
Glen Creek Tennis Club (South Park, Pa.)
1. Lucie Rey/Lucie Sipkova (Cal) defeated Tori Smyth/Mikelle Mancini (Villanova), 8-1
2. Alexandra Borgenhoff/Ramona Czakon (Cal) defeated Allison Kuse/Sydney West, 8-4
3. Jesse Burrell/Jade Pondicas (Cal) defeated Anne Cognetti/Wesleigh Donadio, 8-2
1. Lucie Sipkova (Cal) defeated Mikelle Mancini (Villanova) 7-5, 6-0
2. Ramona Czakon (Cal) defeated Tori Smyth (Villanova) 6-1, 6-1
3. Allison Kuse (Villanova) vs. Alexandra Borgenhoff (Cal) - no result
4. Lucie Rey (Cal) defeated Wesleigh Donadio (Villanova) 6-2, 6-2
5. Jade Pondicas (Cal) defeated Anne Cognetti (Villanova) 6-1, 6-1
6. Jesse Burrell (Cal) defeated Sydney West (Villanova) - by walkover