June 14, 2014
- Sophomore Jordy Williamsz finished fifth in the 1500 meters with a time of 3:40.25. His time is a collegiate best and eclipses the mark of 3:41.23 that he recorded in the national semifinals two days earlier. Each of those times are equivalent to sub-four minute miles. The mark of 3:40.25 from the final of the 1500 meters is equivalent to a 3:57.8 mile.
- Williamsz has now run the equivalent of four sub-four minute miles during his career, with three of those times being metric equivalents in the 1500 meters. There have been 36 student-athletes in Villanova history to run either a sub-four minute mile or the metric equivalent. Of those 36, Williamsz becomes the 20th to achieve the feat at least four times.
- The fifth place finish for Williamsz in the 1500 meters is the best finish by a Villanova runner in the event since Matthew Gibney came in fourth in 2011. Villanova has now had a top-eight finisher in the 1500 meters in four of the past six years.
- Villanova has more All-Americans (26) in the 1500 meters than in any other outdoor event. That list includes 24 first team All-Americans and six national champions.
- During the 2013-14 track seasons Williamsz was a first team All-American both indoors in the Mile and outdoors in the 1500 meters. He is now a three-time All-American in his career, which also includes a first team All-America honor in the distance medley relay as a freshman during the 2012-13 indoor season. Williamsz made his first career individual appearances at both the indoor and outdoor national championships this year. He was also the BIG EAST champion in both the Mile and the 1500 meters.
Jordy Williamsz Sub-Four Minute Miles/Metric Equivalents
High School - posted time of 3:36.74 in the 1500 meters (equivalent to a mile of 3:54.01)
February 15, 2014 - posted time of 3:56.84 in the mile at Iowa State Classic
June 12, 2014 - posted time of 3:41.23 in the 1500 meters in semifinal heat (mile equivalent 3:58.86)
June 14, 2014 - posted time of 3:40.25 in the 1500 meters in national final (mile equivalent of 3:57.8)