April 9, 2013
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - Villanova (10-8) continued its strong play on the road with a 4-3 victory over Temple (5-10) at the TU Pavilion on Tuesday afternoon. The win is the sixth in the last seven road matches for the Wildcats, who have won four straight overall.
Freshman Chris Seitz (Pennington, N.J.) clinched the outcome with a victory over Kristian Marquart in the No. 2 singles match. Seitz rallied after losing the first set, 7-6, by taking the final two sets by scores of 6-3 and 6-1 to earn the victory. He scored the fourth and final team point for Villanova after earlier wins by freshman Max Levine (Lubbock, Texas) at No. 4 singles (7-5, 6-3 over Nicolas Paulus) and junior Thomas O'Brien (Guilford, Conn.) at the top spot. O'Brien outlasted Hernan Vasconez for a 6-3, 2-6, 6-1 triumph.
Only two of the doubles matches were completed and the Wildcats easily won both to take the doubles point. O'Brien and sophomore Kelly Donaldson (Broomfield, Colo.) defeated Vasconez and Hicham Belkssir by an 8-1 margin, while Seitz and junior Ryan Peyton (Newport Beach, Calif.) were 8-3 winners against Paulus and Santiago Canete.
VILLANOVA 4, TEMPLE 3
April 9, 2013
1. Thomas O'Brien/Kelly Donaldson (Villanova) defeated Hernan Vasconez/Hicham Belkssir (Temple), 8-1
2. Matt Colonnese/Max Levine (Villanova) vs. Kristian Marquart/Sam Rundle (Temple) - DID NOT FINISH
3. Ryan Peyton/Chris Seitz (Villanova) defeated Nicolas Paulus/Santiago Canete (Temple), 8-3
Order of Finish: 3, 1
1. Thomas O'Brien (Villanova) defeated Hernan Vasconez (Temple) 6-3, 2-6, 6-1
2. Chris Seitz (Villanova) defeated Kristian Marquart (Temple) 6-7 (3), 6-3, 6-1
3. Santiago Canete (Temple) defeated Ryan Peyton (Villanova) 7-5, 6-3
4. Max Levine (Villanova) defeated Nicolas Paulus (Temple) 7-5, 6-3
5. Hicham Belkssir (Temple) defeated Michael Rosengren (Villanova) 6-4, 6-4
6. Sam Rundle (Temple) defeated Tim Abbracciamento (Villanova) 6-7 (6-10), retired
Order of Finish: 3, 4, 1, 2, 5, 6