Wildcats Romp Explorers, 7-0
April 7, 2010
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - The Villanova men's tennis team picked up a 7-0 win at La Salle today by sweeping all doubles and singles flights over the Explorers. With the win, the Wildcats improved to 4-18 while La Salle dropped to 15-7.
To begin the day, the duos of Alex Leeser and David Shaheen, Alex Hanno and John Drosick and Kyle Grandin and Liam Bohonnon swept the No. 1 through 3 flights of doubles to pick up the point in favor of the Wildcats, winning their matches 8-3, 8-5 and 8-3, respectively.
At singles, VU took all rounds over La Salle in two sets and handedly defeated the Explorers. Alex Leeser, Connor Witty, David Shaheen, Alex Hanno, Trenton Alenik and Andrew Adler all picked up victories to collect the six singles points.
Villanova will hit the road this weekend as they travel to Georgetown on Friday to take on the Hoyas at 1:30 p.m. in Washington, D.C. To round out the season, the Wildcats will face Connecticut on Sunday at the Villanova Tennis Complex at 11 a.m. ET.
Villanova 7, La Salle 0
1. Leeser (VU) def. Gennaoui, 6-2, 6-3
2. Witty (VU) def. Harvey, 6-1, 6-2
3. Shaheen (VU) def. Nason, 6-0, 6-0
4. Hanno (VU) def. Maula, 6-2, 6-1
5. Alenik (VU) def. Tovia, 6-4, 6-0
6. Adler (VU) def. Donovan, 6-4, 6-3
1. Leeser/Shahaen (VU) def. Gennaoui/Maula, 8-3
2. Hanno/Dosick (VU) def. Nason/Tovia, 8-5
3. Grandin/Bohonnon (VU) def. Donovan/Harvey, 8-3