March 28, 2013
LEWISBURG, Pa. - Wins at the first and third spots in doubles play got Villanova (5-7) off to a good start but the Wildcats eventually were defeated by a 5-2 final score by Bucknell (9-5) on Thursday afternoon at the Varsity Tennis Courts. In addition to the doubles wins Villanova also won the No. 4 singles match to account for its other point.
Sophomore Kelly Donaldson (Broomfield, Colo.) teamed up with junior Thomas O'Brien (Guilford, Conn.) and the No. 1 doubles spot and they defeated Nick Bybel and Josh Katten, 8-3. That was the same score as the other Villanova win in the match, as freshman Max Levine (Lubbock, Texas) beat Katten (6-2, 2-6, 6-1).
Next up for the Wildcats is a Tuesday afternoon home match against Monmouth.
BUCKNELL 5, VILLANOVA 2
March 28, 2013
Varsity Tennis Courts
1. Kelly Donaldson/Thomas O'Brien (Villanova) Nick Bybel/Josh Katten (Bucknell), 8-3
2. Aidan Lynch/Evan Zimmer (Quinnipiac) defeated Matt Colonnese/Max Levine (Villanova), 8-2
3. Ryan Peyton/Chris Seitz (Villanova) defeated Octavio Canibe/Chris Tortora, 8-3
1. Nick Bybel (Bucknell) defeated Thomas O'Brien (Villanova) 6-4, 7-6
2. Kelly Morque (Bucknell) defeated Chris Seitz (Villanova) 6-3, 6-4
3. Evan Zimmer (Bucknell) defeated Ryan Peyton (Villanova) 7-5, 3-6 (10-4)
4. Max Levine (Villanova) defeated Josh Katten (Bucknell) 6-2, 2-6, 6-1
5. Kyle Rosen (Bucknell) defeated Michael Rosengren (Villanova) 6-3, 6-3
6. Octavio Canibe (Bucknell) defeated Kelly Donaldson (Villanova) 7-5, 7-6
Order of Finish: 2, 5, 1, 6, 4, 3