April 4, 2010
VILLANOVA, Pa. - The Villanova University men's tennis team won a nonconference affair with Monmouth, 4-3 on Thursday afternoon at the new MU Tennis Courts in West Long Branch, N.J.
Villanova was victorious at fourth, fifth and sixth singles and claimed the doubles point to earn the win. Trenton Alenik, John Magliano and Liam Bohonnon each won their singles matches at the No. 4, 5, and 6 spots over MU's Ben Dashiell, Oliver Grimbly and Anthony Desarno. The doubles pairings of David Shaheen/Alex Leeser and Magliano/Bohonnon garnered wins to earn the doubles point for the day.
With the win, the Wildcats improved to 3-16 while the Hawks fell to 4-10 for the spring season.
Villanova will be back in action on Tuesday, April 6th when they host Temple at the Villanova Tennis Complex. Match time is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET.
1. Laurence Heads (MU) defeated Dave Shaheen (VU), 6-3,4-6,6-2
2. David Sherwood (MU) defeated Alex Leeser (VU), 6-2,6-3
3. Harvey Bhalla (MU) defeated Connor Witty (VU), 6-3,6-2
4. Trenton Alenik (VU) defeated Ben Dashiell (MU), 6-0,6-3
5. John Magliano (VU) defeated Oliver Grimbly (MU), 6-2,3-6, 7-5
6. Liam Bohonnon (VU) defeated Anthony Desarno (MU), 6-0,6-2
1. Shaheen/Leeser (VU) defeated Heads/Sherwood (MU), 8-5
2. Bhalla/Grimbly (MU) defeated Alenik/Witty (VU), 8-4
3. Magliano/Bohonnon (VU) defeated Dashiell/Desarno (MU), 8-5