March 22, 2004
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Villanova men's tennis team came up just short, dropping a 4-3 match to Georgetown on Saturday. The two teams split the singles matches, but the Hoyas earned the decisive doubles point.
Angel Rubio and Lucas Kaster each battled to three-set victories at fourth and sixth singles for the Wildcats. Rubio earned his fourth win of the season and Kaster improved to 5-3 overall. Also picking up a point for the Wildcats was David Harring with a 7-5, 7-5 decision over Eric Conrad at No. 5 singles. Harring moved to 9-5 overall.
At No. 1 doubles, Aaron Kusza and Kaster paired for a 9-7 win over Dennis Cravedi and Erik Bildman. The Hoyas then rallied to capture the next two flights and seal the match.
1. Dennis Cravedi (GU) def. Aaron Kusza (VU), 7-5, 6-3.
2. Scott Faust (GU) def. John Toppel (VU), 6-2, 6-4.
3. Kevin Killeavy (GU) def. Ricardo Baraldi (VU), 7-6 (5), 6-4.
4. Angel Rubio (VU) def. Eddie Carver (GU), 6-2, 5-7, 7-6.
5. David Harring (VU) def. Eric Conrad (GU), 7-5, 7-5.
6. Lucas Kaster (VU) def. Erik Bildman (GU), 6-2, 3-6, 1-0 (8).
1. Kusza/Kaster (VU) def. Cravedi/Bildman (GU), 9-7.
2. Faust/Killeavy (GU) def. Toppel/Baraldi (VU), 8-1.
3. Conrad/Carver (GU) def. Rubio/Alex Villalobos (VU), 9-7.