March 21, 2014
VILLANOVA, Pa. - In its home debut, the Villanova men's tennis team (0-11) dropped its 11th match of the year as Duquesne (10-4) defeated the Wildcats, 7-0, Friday afternoon at the Villanova Tennis Complex.
Villanova was unable to get going from the get go as the Dukes clinched the first point with a clean sweep in all doubles matches.
Duquesne would go on to record the third shutout over Villanova this season after six wins in singles action.
The Wildcats will host a doubleheader against Temple (11:00 a.m.) and La Salle (3:30 p.m.) on Sunday. Courts are located on West Campus and admission is free to the public.
Below is a look at the complete results of Friday's dual match:
Duquesne 7, Villanova 0 - Mar. 21 - Villanova Tennis Complex - Villanova, Pa.
Doubles (Duquesne clinched doubles point):
1. Pete Carpenter / Alex Aleman (DU) def. Thomas O'Brien / Kelly Donaldson (VU), 8-2
2. Corey Robinson / Max Rubin (DU) def. Abbracciamento, Tim / Bradley Noyes (VU), 8-1
3. Rich Robbie / Harry Walshe (DU) def. Matt Colonnese / Michael Rosengren (VU), 8-6
1. Rich Robbie (DU) def. Mark Miller (VU), 7-6, 6-4
2. Pete Carpenter (DU) def. Donaldson, Kelly (VU), 6-2, 6-3
3. Alex Aleman (DU) def. Bradley Noyes (VU), 6-1, 6-2
4. Corey Robinson (DU) def. Tim Abbracciamento (VU), 6-3, 6-1
5. Max Rubin (DU) Matt Colonnese (VU), 6-2, 6-1
6. Mehdi Mekaoui (DU) def. Rosengren, Michael (VU), 6-3, 6-4