March 14, 2013
VILLANOVA, Pa. - Sophomores Tim Abbracciamento (Robbinsville, N.J.) and Michael Rosengren (Sharon, Mass.) clinched the doubles point with a win at the No. 2 spot and then each won their singles matches in straight sets to lead Villanova (3-5) to a 4-3 win over Bryant (4-5) at the West Campus Tennis Courts on Wednesday afternoon.
The win came down to the doubles point and wins in the bottom three singles matches for the Wildcats, who have won two straight matches. Villanova scored wins in the second and third doubles matches, with the No. 2 match featuring Abbracciamento and Rosengren being the last to finish. The sophomore pair defeated Max Vogt and Munir Serin by a final count of 8-6.
In singles play Abbracciamento and Rosengren again played in the last two matches to conclude and they were each victorious in the No. 5 and No. 6 singles matches, respectively. Abbracciamento defeated Phillip Kim (6-3, 6-2) and Rosengren knocked off Guillaume Sabourin by identical 6-3, 6-2 scores.
The third win in singles play for the Wildcats came from freshman Max Levine (Lubbock, Texas) in the No. 4 spot, where he rallied past Vidith Huot in three sets (4-6, 6-4, 6-2).
Villanova is idle until playing at St. Peter's on March 23 at 2 p.m.
VILLANOVA 4, BRYANT 3
March 13, 2013
1. Zachary Morris/Dana Parziale (Bryant) defeated Thomas O'Brien/Kelly Donaldson (Villanova), 8-6
2. Tim Abbracciamento/Michael Rosengren (Villanova) defeated Max Vogt/Munir Serin (Bryant), 8-6
3. Ryan Peyton/Chris Seitz (Villanova) defeated Phillip Kim/Joshua Rubinstein (Bryant), 8-5
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2
1. Zachary Morris (Bryant) defeated Thomas O'Brien (Villanova) 6-2, 6-4
2. Dana Parziale (Bryant) defeated Chris Seitz (Villanova) 6-3, 7-6 (5)
3. Max Vogt (Bryant) defeated Ryan Peyton (Villanova) 7-5, 6-4
4. Max Levine (Villanova) defeated Vidith Huot (Bryant) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
5. Tim Abbracciamento (Villanova) defeated Phillip Kim (Bryant) 6-3, 6-2
6. Michael Rosengren (Villanova) defeated Guillaume Sabourin (Bryant) 6-3, 6-2
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6