March 2, 2014
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - After inclement weather cancelled the Villanova men's tennis match against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps earlier Sunday morning, the Wildcats returned to action later that afternoon and dropped a 7-0 contest against UC Davis at the Barnes Tennis Center in San Diego, Calif.
The Aggies (5-5) collected an early lead following a pair of victories at the top-two doubles slots to clinch the first point of the match.
At the No. 5 position, Michael Rosengren battled Adam Levie in a back-and-forth match that was decided by a third set tiebreaker. After falling in set one, 3-6, the junior rallied back to take a 6-5 advantage in the next set to force the final stanza. However, Levie would edge the Rosengren 10-8 in the final set to ensure the shutout. Villanova drops to 0-4 on the young season, while UC Davis (5-5) moves back to .500 for the second time in 2014.
Dual match play continues Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. against Point Loma Nazarene in San Diego, Calif.
Below is a look at the complete results of Sunday's dual match:
UC Davis 7, Villanova 0 - Mar. 1 - Barnes Tennis Center - San Diego, Calif.
Doubles (UC Davis takes the doubles point)
1. Alec Adamson/Adam Levie (UCD) def. Thomas O'Brien/Kelly Donaldson (VU), 8-2
2. Parker Kelley/James Wade (UCD) def. Matt Colonnese/Michael Rosengren (VU), 8-2
3. Brett Bacharach/Adam Luba (UCD) vs. Tim Abbracciamento/Bradley Noyes (VU), unfinished
1. Alec Adamson (UCD) def. Thomas O'Brien (VU), 6-3, 6-4
2. Brett Bacharach (UCD) def. Mark Miller (VU), 6-2, 6-3
3. James Wade (UCD) def. Kelly Donaldson (VU), 6-1, 6-2
4. Parker Kelley (UCD) def. Tim Abbracciamento (VU), 6-0, 6-1
5. Adam Levie (UCD) def. Michael Rosengren (VU), 3-6, 6-5, 10-8
6. Mitch Thorp (UCD) def. Matt Colonnese (VU), 6-4, 6-2