PLNU Defeats Villanova, 8-1
March 3, 2010
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - The Villanova men's tennis team dropped their second match of their California excursion, falling to No. 12 NAIA institution Point Loma Nazarene University, 8-1. With the loss, Villanova falls to 0-10 for the spring season while PLNU ups their overall record to 3-5.
In singles play, PLNU triumphed on the first five courts while Liam Bohonnon pulled out a victory in the No. 6 singles position over Kevin Camballa in a tiebreaker, 3-6, 6-3,10-4. All VU players fell in their singles matches in the No.1-5 spots.
In doubles, PLNU was victorious in all three doubles matchups.
The Wildcats will continue their week in southern California when they face Concordia University tomorrow at 1 p.m PT on CU's home courts.
Point Loma Nazarene University 8, Villanova 1 Mar 03, 2010 at San Diego, CA (PLNU Tennis Courts)
1. MYERS, Joel (PLNU) def. Leeser, Alex (VU) 6-3, 6-1
2. WHEELER, Curt (PLNU) def. Shaheen, David (VU) 6-1, 6-1
3. BOWMAN, Tyler (PLNU) def. Taylor, Mike (VU) 6-4, 6-2
4. JAEHNIG, David (PLNU) def. Hanno, Alex (VU) 7-6, 6-1
5. ALBAUGH, Travis (PLNU) def. Alenik, Trenton (VU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Bohonnon, Liam (VU) def. CAMBALLA, Kevin (PLNU) 3-6, 6-3, 10-4
1. MYERS, Joel/BOWMAN, Tyler (PLNU) def. LEESER, Alex/SHAHEEN, David (VU) 8-1
2. WHEELER, Curt/HILKER, Landon (PLNU) def. DROSICK, John/ALENIK, Trenton (VU) 8-6
3. JAEHNIG, David/BROWN, Trent (PLNU) def. GRANDIN, Kyle/BOHONNON, Liam (VU) 8-3