Wildcats Lose To Navy 5-0
Feb. 5, 2006
Annapolis, MD - Villanova opened the spring season with a 5-0 loss to the U.S. Naval Academy yesterday in Annapolis.
'Nova's best match of the day came at the no. 2 singles spot. Scott Fahrendorf battled Navy's Adrian Lai before ultimately losing 4-6, 5-7.
Next up for the Wildcats is the University of Maryland at 1:00 p.m. in College Park, MD on Feb. 19.
1. Jason Hill (N) def. Dmitri Chimerakis (V) 6-2, 6-0
2. Adrian Lai (N) def. Scott Fahrendorf (V) 6-4, 7-5
3. Brandon Carter (N) def. John Borden (V) 6-2, 6-0
4. Johnny Waters (N) def. Anuj Malhotra (V) 6-0, 6-3
1. Alex James/Kyle Jones (N) def. Sumanth Chittajallu/Charlie Farmer 6-1, 6-4