Feb. 4, 2013
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - In the team's first match of the spring season Villanova (0-1) lost a 6-1 decision to Navy (4-2) at the Brigade Sports Complex on Saturday evening. Sophomore Tim Abbracciamento (Robbinsville, N.J.) won his match at No. 6 singles to produce the only Wildcats point. Junior Ryan Peyton (Newport Beach, Calif.) and freshman Chris Seitz (Pennington, N.J.) teamed up for a win at No. 3 doubles.
Abbracciamento won his singles match in straight sets over Tyler Burnett and won by scores of 6-4 and 7-5. Villanova extended the Midshipmen to three sets in two other matches, as both Seitz and Peyton went the distance before falling by narrow margins. Seitz was defeated at No. 3 singles by Austin Jones (6-0, 3-6, 6-4) and Peyton fell at No. 4 singles to Blake Daniel (2-6, 6-1, 6-3).
In the No. 3 doubles match Peyton and Seitz scored a 9-7 win against Daniel and Nicholas Gutsche.
Next up for the Wildcats is a match at Lehigh on February 23. That match begins at 3 p.m.
NAVY 6, VILLANOVA 1
February 2, 2013
Brigade Sports Complex (Annapolis, Md.)
1. Peter McDonald/Calvin Mark (Navy) defeated Kelly Donaldson/Thomas O'Brien (Villanova), 8-4
2. Austin Jones/Alex Gaines (Navy) defeated Michael Rosengren/Tim Abbracciamento (Villanova), 8-6
3. Ryan Peyton/Chris Seitz (Villanova) defeated Blake Daniel/Nicholas Gutsche (Navy), 9-7
Order of Finish: 1-3-2
1. Calvin Mark (Navy) defeated Thomas O'Brien (Villanova) 7-5, 6-4
2. Peter McDonald (Navy) defeated Mark Miller (Villanova) 6-4, 6-3
3. Austin Jones (Navy) defeated Chris Seitz (Villanova) 6-0, 3-6, 6-4
4. Blake Daniel (Navy) defeated Ryan Peyton (Villanova) 2-6, 6-1, 6-3
5. Nicholas Gutsche (Navy) defeated Michael Rosengren (Villanova) 6-4, 6-4
6. Tim Abbracciamento (Villanova) defeated Tyler Burnett (Navy) 6-4, 7-5
Order of Finish: 5-2-1-6-4-3