Villanova/Rhode Island Post-Game Notes
Nov. 9, 2013
- Villanova improved to 5-5 on the season and 4-3 in CAA play with today's win. The victory snapped a three-game losing streak.
- With the 45-0 final margin the Wildcats recorded their first shutout since a 35-0 win at Lehigh on September 11, 2010. The 45 points are a season-high for Villanova, which had previously scored 35 points on three previous occasions this season.
- Sophomore quarterback John Robertson broke the Villanova career record for rushing yards by a quarterback. Robertson has played 23 career games and has rushed for 2,262 yards on 376 carries. He broke the previous quarterback record of 2,160 yards held by Chris Whitney (2007-10).
- John Robertson moved up from ninth place up to fourth place for career rushing yards in school history. He has 2,262 yards in his career and needs 271 more yards to tie Vince Thompson (1975-78) for third place with 2,533 career rushing yards.
- With 133 rushing yards in today's game John Robertson has now tallied nine career games with at least 100 yards, including six this season. He has run for 100 or more yards in five of the past six weeks. Robertson's nine career 100-yard games are third in school history behind Brian Westbrook (1997-01) with 22 and Vince Thompson (1975-78) with 11.
- John Robertson has run for 19 touchdowns this season, which is the most of any FCS quarterback. His 33 career rushing touchdowns are the second-most in school history behind Brian Westbrook (54), while the 33 touchdowns overall rank Robertson fourth in the Villanova record book.
- Senior kicker Mark Hamilton (Gaithersburg, Md.) had nine points in today's game, including going 6-of-6 on extra points and also making a 22-yard field goal. He now has 218 career points and moved into fifth place on the Wildcats all-time list. Hamilton needs three more points to tie Joe Marcoux (2005-08) for fourth place. Hamilton is the only CAA kicker to make every extra point attempt this season. He is 41-of-41 this season and 128-of-130 in his career. Hamilton is also 5-of-6 on field goal tries for the year and has gone 30-of-39 in his career.