Villanova, Pa. -
ESPN Events has revealed the bracket for the 13th annual AdvoCare Invitational which will be played Nov. 22, 23 & 25 at HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Fla.
Villanova will take on Canisius in the opening round on Thursday, November 22nd at 1:30 P.M.
The bracket-format tournament features 12 games over three days. Teams will compete once per day, advancing with a victory. The two teams that remain undefeated will face off in the championship game on Sun., Nov. 25.
The AdvoCare Invitational is headlined by reigning national champion Villanova. Elite Eight squad Florida State and CAA champion Charleston highlight the bottom half of the bracket along with LSU’s top-five recruiting class. New Memphis coach Penny Hardaway will return to the Orlando area after playing for the Orlando Magic for six seasons.
- Canisius will make its first appearance in the AdvoCare Invitational
- College of Charleston made its fifth NCAA Tournament appearance in program history in 2018, after winning the Colonial Athletic Association tournament championship
- Florida State advanced to the Elite Eight of the 2018 Tournament as a No. 9 seed
- LSU will make its second AdvoCare Invitational appearance (2013)
- Memphis makes its first appearance in the AdvoCare Invitational since 2013, when it defeated Oklahoma State to win the event’s championship
- Oklahoma State won 21 games in head coach Mike Boykin’s first season and advanced to the NIT Quarterfinals
- UAB has won at least 20 games in three of the past four seasons
- Villanova has won two national championships and two BIG EAST championship titles in the last three seasons