Feb. 18, 2013
Box Score |
- Tonight marked Villanova's largest come-from-behind win of the season. Before this game the largest deficit the Wildcats overcame in a victory this season was eight points against Purdue on November 15. Villanova trailed by as many as 12 points in tonight's game, 33-21 with 19:53 left in the second half.
- The last time Villanova overcame a double-digit deficit to win was on February 7, 2012 in a 74-72 win over Providence at the Pavilion. In that game the Wildcats trailed by 19 points (55-36) with 16:25 left in the second half before rallying to win.
- One common theme in last year's comeback against Providence and the comebacks this year against both Purdue and Rutgers is that in each game the largest deficit the Wildcats overcame occurred in the second half.
- Villanova's entire starting five scored in double figures in tonight's game. The trio of Ryan Arcidiacono, Darrun Hilliard and JayVaughn Pinkson each scored 14 points, while James Bell had 11 points and Mouphtaou Yarou scored 10 points.
- This marked the third time this season that these same five players have all scored in double figures. The other games were both wins, including the 73-64 win over No. 5 Louisville on January 22 and the 94-71 win at DePaul on February 5.
- In each of those two games JayVaughn Pinkston came off the bench. That makes tonight the first time this season that all five STARTERS have scored in double figures for the Wildcats.
- Villanova is 10-2 (.833) this season when James Bell scores in double figures. In tonight's game he had just two points with 11 minutes remaining and the Wildcats trailed at that point, 45-44. On each of the next two Villanova possessions Bell hit a three-pointer and each of those triples gave the Wildcats the lead. His three-pointer with exactly 10 minutes remaining gave Villanova the lead for good (50-47).
- Villanova finished the game 8-of-20 from three-point range tonight and is now 14-0 this season when making at least six three-pointers. Villanova made four three-pointers in each half tonight, including the two go-ahead triples by Bell during the most critical part of the game.
- Villanova also improved to 12-1 this season when scoring 70 or more points.
- Darrun Hilliard tied for the team lead with 14 points in tonight's game after scoring just 10 points total in his two previous games. Prior to that two-game stretch he had scored in double figures in eight consecutive games. Hilliard has 15 games with 10+ points this season and Villanova is 11-4 in these games.