Jan. 5, 2014
- Villanova's 30-point margin of victory in tonight's game is its largest over Providence in a conference game. The previous largest BIG EAST win over the Friars was a 28-point victory (102-74) on January 13, 1990. Much earlier in the all-time series between the two teams the Wildcats posted a 31-point victory (49-18) on February 2, 1940.
- Villanova leads the all-time series against Providence by a 53-37 margin after tonight's victory. The 53 wins is tied for the second most against any opponent for the Wildcats (53 vs. Boston College). The opponent Villanova has the most victories against (63) is Seton Hall, who the Wildcats play in their next contest.
- Villanova scored a season-high 50 points in the first half tonight, surpassing its previous high of 48 points against USC on November 28. The 14 three-pointers for the Wildcats in the game also tied a season-high (14 against Iowa on November 30).
- Villanova shot over 50 percent from three-point range for the first time this season, making a season-high 53.8 percent (14-of-26) from downtown. Last season the Wildcats shot over 50 percent from behind the arc on four occasions.
- Villanova junior forward JayVaughn Pinkston is averaging 19.0 points per game in four career games against Providence. In those four games Pinkston has gone 28-of-45 (.622) from the field.
JayVaughn Pinkston vs. Providence
January 5, 2014 (91-61 win) - 19 points (8-12 FG)
February 3, 2013 (69-66 loss) - 9 points (2-5 FG)
January 19, 2013 (55-52 loss) - 20 points (8-10 FG)
February 7, 2012 (74-72 win) - 28 points (10-18 FG)
Total - 76 points, 19.0 ppg. (28-45 FG)