VILLANOVA, Pa. -
MATCHUP: Villanova Wildcats (4-16, 0-0 BIG EAST) vs. St. John's Red Storm (17-12, 0-0 BIG EAST)
WHERE: Jack Kaiser Stadium in Queens, N.Y.
WHEN: Thursday, May 18 at 1:00 p.m. | Friday, May 19 at 1:00 p.m. | Saturday, May 20 at 1:00 p.m.
RECORD vs. ST. JOHN'S: Villanova has a 41-53 (.436) all- time record against St. John's.
Thursday: RHP Jonathan Rosero (4.96 ERA) vs. RHP Sean Mooney (1.18 ERA)
Friday: LHP Hunter Schryver (1.97 ERA) vs. LHP Kevin Magee (2.55 ERA)
Saturday: RHP Ryan Doty (3.47 ERA) vs. RHP Michael LoPresti (4.37 ERA)
• In BIG EAST play, Villanova is currently 16-38 against St. John's, but during BIG EAST Championship play, Villanova holds an 8-5 record against them.
• Last year, the Wildcats hosted the Johnnies and was able to take one game away from them, but St. John's ended up winning the series with the following two games.
• The last time the Wildcats won the series was back in 2014.
• The first ever game played between the two teams was back on May 21, 1908 and Villanova won with a score of 10-7.
• St. John's has already clinched the BIG EAST tournament and has the best overall record in the BIG EAST.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR THE WILDCATS
• Todd Czinege (Overland Park, Kan.) continues to lead the team in mostly all hitting categories. He currently has a .291 batting average and just picked up his 242 career hit on May 16. His hit tied him in second in the Villanova baseball career hits record.
• Freshman Dominic Sarro (North Riverside, Ill.) picked up his first collegiate hit also on May 16. Throughout the game, Sarro finished with two hits and two RBI.
• Catcher Doug deMarrais (Bernardsville, N.J.) leads the team with his on base percentage of .368. He also leads the team in walks at 22.
• Preseason Pitcher of the Year, Hunter Schryver (Mechanicsburg, Pa.) has the best ERA of 1.97 with 88 strikeouts on the season.
• Ryan Doty (Rye, N.Y.) has also been a great Sunday starter for the Wildcats and have shut down a lot of teams.
• Freshman Ryan Toohers (Florham Park, N.J.) leads the freshmen with her .252 batting average, while Tyler Bruno (Breinigsville, Pa.) leads the team with doubles at 11.
SCOUTING ST. JOHN'S
• Freshmen Sean Mooney has been unstoppable for the Red Storm with a 1.18 ERA and 78 strikeouts. He currently is undefeated with his win/loss record of 7-0.
• Joe Kelly also has a 3-0 undefeated win/loss record with a 1.85 ERA and two saves.
• Michael Donadio will be a threat at the plate offensively with his .389 batting average, 70 hits, 14 doubles, five triples and three homeruns.
• Jesse Berardi and Jamie Galazin are St. John's speedy players who will most likely try to steal many bases as they have been successful all season.
• St. John's overall has seven players who have a .400 or higher on base percentage and seven players who have a .300 or higher batting average.