VILLANOVA, Pa. -
MATCHUP: Villanova Wildcats (8-20, 2-1 BIG EAST) vs. Creighton (15-16, 5-1 BIG EAST)
WHERE: TD Ameritrade Park Omaha in Omaha, Neb. (College World Series Field)
WHEN: Friday, April 21 at 8:00 p.m. | Saturday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. | Sunday, April 23 at 1:00 p.m. (all times are in E.T.)
RECORD vs. CREIGHTON: Creighton leads the all-time record of 1-8 (.111)
Friday: RHP Jonathan Rosero (3.24 ERA) vs. RHP Rollie Lacy (3.67 ERA)
Saturday: LHP Hunter Schryver (2.47 ERA) vs. LHP Jeff Albrecht (2.73 ERA)
Sunday: RHP Ryan Doty (5.97 ERA) vs. RHP Keith Rogalla (3.86 ERA)
• Creighton enters the series 5-1 in BIG EAST play, while Villanova is currently 2-1 in BIG EAST play.
• The first time both teams played each other was March 10, 1994 in Stetson, Fla., the Wildcats lost 5-4.
• Back in 2014, was the only win the Wildcats have over Creighton, when they won 6-3 at home.
• The last time Villanova has played at the TD Ameritrade Park was in 2015.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR THE WILDCATS
• Jason Applegate (Columbus, N.J.) has stranded 22 out of 23 inherited runners as he has come in to relief pitch.
• Over his last three starts, Jonathan Rosero (Middle Village, N.Y.) has a 1-0 win/loss record, with a 0.83 ERA and a 0.78 WHIP through 21.2 innings pitched.
• Todd Czinege (Overland Park, Kan.) leads the team offensively with a .324 ERA, 35 hits, 13 runs, two doubles, one triple, and two homeruns.
• Catcher Doug deMarrais (Bernardsville, N.J.) is tied second in the BIG EAST for throwing runners out stealing. deMarrais has caught a total of ten runners stealing.
• David Gulati (Collegeville, Pa.) currently has a six-game hitting streak going, while Czinege has a five-game hitting streak, and JP Radvany (Lawrenceville, N.J.) has a three-game hitting streak.
• Hunter Schryver (Mechanicsburg, Pa.) has 39 strikeouts over 25 innings pitching over his last four starts. In his last two consecutive outing, he has finished with double digit strikeouts.
SCOUTING THE BLUEJAYS
• Parker Upton is the Bluejays offensive leader, he has a .341 batting average, with 15 hits, two doubles, three triples, and seven runs batted in.
• Michael Emodi leads the team in homeruns, he currently has six on the season so far, while four other Bluejays have two homeruns apiece
• David Gerber and Ethan DeCaster look to be the top relief pitchers for the Bluejays. Gerber has four saves and DeCaster has three saves.
• The Jays have Rollie Lacey, who was named to the Preseason All-BIG EAST team, who is the probable starter for Friday night's matchup.