WHAT IS AN EXTRA BENEFIT?
An extra benefit is any item or arrangement provided to student-athletes or the student-athlete's relative or friend, which is not available to the general Villanova University student body or the general population.If you accept any impermissible benefit, you jeopardize your eligibility for intercollegiate athletics.
AS A STUDENT-ATHLETE, YOU MAY NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FROM A BOOSTER:
- Use of an automobile or transportation
- Admission to an event (e.g., movies, athletic events, banquets, clubs, special events, parties, concerts, etc.)
- Cash or loans, including co-signing, in any amount
- Gifts of any kind, including those one special occasions (e.g., Birthday, Christmas, finals week)
- Free or reduced-cost services, rentals, or purchases of any type (e.g., meals, drinks, clothing, laundry, haircuts, legal fees, tattoos, golf, car repairs, etc.)
- Free or reduced-cost housing for any length of time
- Bill payments (e.g., cell phone, gas money, rent, etc.)
- Use of a telephone or credit card
This is not an exhaustive list. Please make sure to check with the compliance office before accepting any gifts or discounts from someone you do not know.