NATIONAL STUDENT-ATHLETE DAY
2011 NATIONAL STUDENT-ATHLETE DAY CELEBRATION
- National Student-Athlete Day is celebrated annually on April 6th, this past year's celebration was held at Villanova on April 6, 2011
- National Student-Athlete Day is a program of the National Consortium for Academics and Sports (NCAS) and has been celebrated annually on April 6 since 1987
- National Student-Athlete Day celebrates outstanding achievements of high school and college student-athletes who have excelled in academics (3.0 GPA or higher) and athletics while having made significant contributions to their schools and communities.
- National Student-Athlete Day gives Villanova Athletics a chance to honor its student-athletes for their contributions to Villanova in the classroom, on the field of play and in the community. Villanova Athletics seeks to honor its student-athletes for their commitment to excellence throughout the academic year. v
- All Villanova Student-Athlete's were invited to a Team Dinner & Trivia Night on campus; the dinner theme was "A Taste of Philly" with authentic hoagies, cheese steaks and soft pretzels among the delicious selections. After dinner, teams competed again one another in a "Jeopardy"-style trivia tournament.