Welcome to the Villanova University Licensing web page. Founded in 1842, Villanova University has established itself as one of the premiere institutions of higher education in the world. Along with a commitment to academic excellence, Villanova University has also established itself as one of the top athletic programs in the country with memberships in the high profile BIG EAST Conference and Colonial Athletic Association (football only). Villanova University is located just outside the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, which is the fourth largest media market in the United States. As a result of these factors Villanova University enjoys a high demand for products and merchandise that bear its marks. This web page is designed to help promote and protect our licensing program, as well as to help educate. The licensing program at Villanova University has been established in order to help uphold the reputation of the University as well as to advance its recognition in the public arena.
Any faculty/staff member, student group or organization, outside individual, commercial organization or company wishing to use Villanova's Trademarks must obtain permission to do so. All of Villanova's Trademarks must be produced under license or permission granted by Villanova.
- Mission and Contacts
- Villanova University Trademarks
- Labor Conditions
- Code of Conduct and Affiliations
- Download Athletics Logos
Apply for a License
IMG College Licensing administers the license application process on behalf of Villanova University and assists with issues of legality and enforcement. Companies capable of exhibiting a commitment to the collegiate market, who have established production and distribution capabilities, and/or who offer new or unique product will be granted the opportunity to obtain a license.
For more information on becoming a licensed vendor and to start the application process, click here.
IMG College Licensing
1075 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
Any entity wishing to use Villanova's Trademarks on products must first obtain a license. IMG College Licensing issues the following licenses.
- Standard License: A standard license is needed for companies that wish to manufacture collegiate product for six or more institutions, and is typically reserved for larger companies who have established production and distribution capabilities, and/or who offer a new or unique product. Standard licensees are allowed to sell product at retail and royalties are assessed on all merchandise sold.
- Local License: A local license is needed for companies that desire to obtain a license with an institution located in their immediate in-state marketplace and be licensed with no more than five in-state universities. Local licensees are allowed to sell product at retail and royalties are assessed on all merchandise sold.
- Internal Campus Supplier: An Internal Campus Supplier (ICS) license is needed for companies wishing to produce products only for internal campus departments and groups. ICS licensees are not allowed to sell product at retail.
Campus Departments/Student Organizations
Any department or organization wishing to produce a product using any Villanova trademarks must use a licensed vendor who is approved to sell in the restricted channel. The following steps should be used by campus departments or student organizations wishing to produce any product bearing a Villanova trademark:
1. Generate the concept for the product, including how the product will be distributed/sold and to whom.
2. Contact the licensing department to receive a list of approved vendors.
3. Department/Organization chooses licensed vendor.
4. Vendor submits design to IMG College Licensing Company with the following information: Name of Organization, Contact for Organization, Order Quantity.
5. Licensing department approves the artwork.
6. Vendor produces product and ships to department/organization.
Report a Violation
If you think you have seen unauthorized usage of Villanova marks, names or logos, please contact us at:
Assistant Athletics Director - Marketing
Villanova University Athletics
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
Office: (610) 519-7683
Fax: (610) 519-7972