Strength and Conditioning
Position: Strength and Conditioning Intern Hours: 35 per week. Must be willing to work some early mornings, nights and weekends. Start Dates: June 1, July 1, August 1 options End Date: Each position is a 10 month appointment but assignment might not be for 10 consecutive months Pay: $1400 per month; no benefits Applications Accepted: April 1 until May 31
Required: Master's Degree in Exercise Science or a related field (either Undergraduate or Graduate Degree MUST be Exercise Science). CSCS or SCCC Certification MUST be completed before hire.
Preferred: Graduate Assistantship previously completed preferably at a Division I institution.
Job Description: Essential Responsibilities:
- Assist in the Design and Implementation of Villanova University Strength and Conditioning philosophy, which includes power, strength, speed, agility, flexibility, nutrition and conditioning for all 24 Varsity sports
- On field instruction of Speed, Conditioning, Plyometric, Proprioception, and Sport Specific athletic enhancement. Evaluation of the athlete and integration of speed development to the strength development program, as well as instruction and organization of all team and/or private sessions. Some modalities would include, but are not limited to: acceleration, change of direction, top-end speed, agility, plyometric development, flexibility, vertical jump training, and energy system conditioning.
- Document of athletes' progress. This would include monitoring, tracking, and reporting strength, speed, power, and explosion metrics to all athletes and coaches.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the other members of the strength staff, sport coaches, and athletes
- Interact with athletic training staff in development of rehab protocols for injured athletes as well as development of alternative training methods for injured/rehabilitating athletes and those limited in participation.
- Be available to meet with recruits when asked by sport coaches
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the weight room
- Responsible for strength and conditioning programs which elicit safe and correct execution of exercise technique form
- Perform any special assignments and projects for the Head Strength Coach as requested.
- Monitoring of weight room activity during times conducive to athletes and strength and conditioning staff
To Apply: During the application period, submit your application, resume, and cover letter here.