Marketing & Promotions
Hours: 35 per week. Must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
Start Date: August 1, 2016
End Date: May 31, 2017
Pay: Paid - $1,400 monthly stipend
Credits: Yes - depends on length of internship or school requirements
Applications Accepted: April 7 - April 28th
Bachelor's degree; Willingness to learn; Exceptional customer service skills; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Passion for sports and marketing; Ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Candidates should be team-oriented and must be willing to work irregular hours.
Sports marketing experience at either the professional or collegiate level; Master's degree or working towards a master's degree preferable; Experience using Graphic Design Programs (Photoshop; Publisher; Adobe Premiere); Social Media Management dashboards (hoot suite, tweet deck).
- Assist in the execution of Football, Men's and Women's Basketball, and Men's Lacrosse sport marketing plans.
- Game day responsibilities include: serving as promotions coordinator for football and men's basketball, game director for women's basketball and men's lacrosse.
- Coordinate game day elements for Football, Men's and Women's Basketball, and Men's Lacrosse that includes but not limited to: compile band & cheer pass lists, parking lists, schedule anthem performers, scheduling of internal & external halftime and TO performers.
- Oversee the development and scheduling of digital marketing efforts.
- Responsible for campus marketing efforts to promote all sporting events (A frames, campus currents, Cafeteria Raids, Dorm Storms, etc.).
- Responsible for grassroots marketing efforts with corporate sponsors and within the local community (distributions of marketing collateral i.e. posters, schedule cards, etc.).
- Manage day to day operations of part time intern staff.
- Oversee the Cat Pack Kids Club - solicit members, arrange and execute events, etc. in coordination with part-time paid intern staff.
- Responsible for department charitable donation request program.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Coordinator of Marketing & Events and Director of Basketball Marketing.
- Adhere to NCAA, BIG EAST Conference and Villanova University compliance rules
Email Resume and Cover Letter (Word or .pdf format preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org