Marketing & Promotions
Marketing Department Coordinator
Villanova Sports Marketing, Video & Integrated Media Internship Program
Position: Marketing Department Coordinator - Internship
Start Date: July 1
End Date: May 31
Pay: Paid - $1,000 monthly stipend
Credits: Yes - depends on length of internship or school requirements
Application Due Date: May 1
Required: Bachelor's degree; Willingness to learn; Exceptional customer service skills; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Passion for sports and marketing; Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Preferred: Sports marketing experience at either the professional or collegiate level; Master's degree or working towards a master's degree preferable; Experience using Graphic Design Programs (Photoshop; Publisher; Adobe Premiere).
- Assist in the execution of fall and spring sport marketing plans, which includes: video board operations at home games; supporting campus and community advertising; and continuing to increase the community's awareness of Villanova Athletics.
- Assist in planning and grassroots marketing designed to sell tickets for all tickets events.
- Sell group tickets to all ticketed events and be the contact person for that group.
- Run the Cat Pack Kids Club - solicit members, arrange and execute events, etc.
- Coordinate the mascot appearance schedule and seek out community events that will increase Villanova's exposure in the area.
- Coordinate game day activities for football/men's & women's basketball - organize and execute on-court promotions; compile the band & cheer pass lists; compile parking lists; schedule anthem performers; operate the Music program for home games; and possible script writing.
- Design advertising and promotional materials for Olympic sports, including flyers.
- All traditional forms of advertising including, but not limited to: Campus fliers, A-Frames, NewsWire, Campus Currents, Cafeteria Raids, Dorm Storms, E-Newsletters to Cyber Club, Email Blasts, NovaNotes, On-Hold Messages and other Grassroots efforts.
- Assist interns with the creation, development and implementation of marketing plans for Olympic Sports
- Scheduling anthem singers, coordinating color guard groups for the presentation of the flag
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
** Candidates should be team-oriented and must be willing to work irregular hours.
Email Resume and Cover Letter (Word or .pdf format preferred) to:
Position: Villanova Sports Marketing, Video & Integrated Media Internship Program
Are you looking to get your foot in the door in the sports industry? Are you tired of going on interviews and getting rejection letters saying they found a more qualified candidate for the position? Are you about to graduate and enter the job market and have little or no direct work experience in the field you're looking to enter? Well look no further, Villanova University Sports Marketing is seeking talented hardworking students or recent college grads looking for a great resume building experience. The Villanova University Athletic Department is one of the premiere NCAA Division 1 Athletic Departments in the country. Not a Sports Management major? No problem, we look for talented individuals across a wide variety of different majors and background. Opportunities exist in the following areas:
- Team Marketing
- Event Planning & Management
- Website Management
- Social Media Management
- Graphic Design
- Video Editing
We are looking for 6 to 8 interns for the 2013-14 school year. Interns are required to work 12-15 hours within the office per week plus events. Events include all Football, Men's & Women's Basketball and Men's Lacrosse games. There will be a variety of other events throughout the year that will also require mandatory attendance. Internships are semester long appointments that can be extended through the spring semester, determined on a case by case basis following the successful completion of the fall semester by the intern supervisor. These opportunities are unpaid, resume building opportunities only.
Required: Working towards a bachelor or master's degree; Willingness to learn; Exceptional customer service skills; Self-starter willing to take initiative; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to multi-task and work under pressure. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite programs.
Preferred: Sports marketing experience at either the professional or collegiate level; Knowledgeable about a variety of social media channels and account management suites.
Email Resume and Cover Letter (Word or .pdf preferred) to: email@example.com