Athletic Director's Office
Position: Athletics Director's Office Intern
Hours: 35 per week. Must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
Start Date: August 1
End Date: May 31
Pay: $1400 per month; no benefits
Applications Accepted: March 15 - April 15
Required: Bachelor's Degree; proficiency with personal computer applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); outstanding communication skills; ability to follow direction and to manage multiple projects simultaneously; detail-oriented; flexibility to intersperse simple tasks with important administrative responsibilities; confidentiality
Preferred: Some knowledge of NCAA rules; interest in athletic administration
- Provide support to the day-to-day coordination of operational activities in the Athletic Director's Office including: answering the phone, typing memos and letters, preparing HR forms, opening mail, compiling a monthly calendar and the department personnel directory, assisting with special projects and hospitality functions
- Responsible for preparing, distributing, and tracking event contracts for 24 varsity sport programs
- Responsible for arranging all travel for the Athletic Director and producing an itinerary for each trip
- Various projects as assigned by the Athletics Director and Senior Women's Administrator
- Opportunity to gain hands on experience in other department areas, i.e., Academic Support, Facilities, Game Management, Media Relations, Ticket Office, etc.)
Email resume, cover letter, and three references (Word or .pdf format preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.