Position: Academic Support Intern
Hours: 35 per week. Must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
Start Date: August 1
End Date: May 31
Pay: $1400 per month, no benefits
Applications Accepted: March 15-April 15
Required: Bachelor's Degree; excellent written and verbal skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Education, Counseling or Sport Management; customer service oriented
The Office of Academic Support for Athletics (OAS) provides supplemental academic support services to approximately 550 student-athletes who participate in 24 varsity sports at Villanova University. The Academic Support Intern will assist the Director, Assistant Director and Coordinator with the daily operation of the office. This will include the Freshman Mentoring Program, Mandatory Study Hall, Tutorial Assistance Program, course registration, certification of continuing eligibility, and all academic matters involving student-athletes.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist OAS staff, coaches, athletics administrators, university administrators and faculty with concerns related to the academic needs of Villanova University student-athletes.
- Participate in the daily coordination of the Freshman Mentoring Program, including mentoring 30+ freshmen student-athletes.
- Assist in monitoring student-athletes’ continuing eligibility.
- Counsel student-athletes regarding course selection, registration, and progress toward degree.
- Prepare reports and other materials on academic status for coaches, athletics administrators and university administrators.
- Assist with the supervision of the Academic Resource Center and the Mandatory Study Hall program and monitor study hall.
- Regulate the distribution of Varsity Excuse forms.
- Create monthly newsletters, update department website, and manage social media accounts.
- Complete various projects as assigned.
- Assist with projects for other areas of Athletic Department.
Email resume, cover letter, and three references (Word or .pdf format preferred) to: email@example.com.